Saturday, October 14, 2017

My Yummy Homemade Country Farm Bread Recipe

For years I have made this bread and it's one of our family favorites.  It's super easy and so good.  When my Mema (my grandmother) was still alive,  I would bake her three or four loaves at a time and then she would freeze them.  She loved waking up in the morning and toasting a piece.  Once you realize you can make bread so easily you will never go back to store bought again.  Let me know if you try it!  SIDENOTE:   Some of you have emailed me saying you did not have a bread machine so I went ahead and linked some great machines.  The one I have is a BREADMAN which I have had for YEARS and I mean YEARS.  I found two current machines by Breadman and a few other brands that make machines too so you can compare.   If you don't want or have a machine you can still make this recipe. After you mix the ingredients knead and then place in a bowl and let rise and double to size and then punch down and knead and put into a loaf pan  - let it rise again double to size and then bake.

Recipe for Bread
I have a bread machine in which I use only to make the dough using the dough cycle.
1 1/3 cups of very warm water
3 tsp butter or margarine
4 cups bread flour
4 tsp dry milk
2 tsp salt
2 T sugar
2 tsp yeast.
After the dough cycle is complete I then take it out and knead it for a few minutes. I then get my Pampered Chef Loaf Pan and spray it with PAM. I then place the dough in the pan. I let the dough rise until doubled. I then put the bread in a 375 degree preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes. After baking I take the bread out of the loaf pan and put it on a rack to cool. I also take a stick of butter and go over the top of the bread lightly with butter. I wait for it to cool down before I cut it.



No comments:

Post a Comment