Sunday, August 5, 2018

Comparison Is The Death Of Joy

Comparison can rob you of your joy and cause you to waste precious time comparing yourself to others.  How do I know this?  Because I fell into the comparison trap.  I let the lie of comparison tell me that I wasn’t good enough to blog. I would look at others and tell myself, “What are you doing Emily?”  I would think . .  There are so many others who are better at sharing their fashion, beauty or lifestyle ideas . . .I should just delete my Instagram and blog.  I would also think . .    I wasn’t creative enough to put stylish and modern outfits together.  I would look at others instead of looking at the creativity that the Lord gave me.  Also, when it came to public speaking I would think that I wasn’t good enough or smart enough to speak.  I would even cancel speaking engagements or refer them to other friends who I knew who I thought did a much better job than myself. 

 I let comparison rob me of my joy and it would cause me to look down at myself.  But then one day I woke up and told the lie NO.  I am not going to let comparison get the best of me.  I’m not going to waste time thinking thoughts that were just bringing me down and not causing me to rise to the place the Lord had for me.  So, if you are in the trap of comparing yourself to others . . .STOP NOW.  The Lord made you a beautiful you.  He made you perfect in His image.  He made you for such a time as this.  A time to make your mark!  A time to be that light!  A time to be just who He has called you to be without comparing yourself to another human being. 

 I love Taylor Swift’s song “Shake It Off” because whenever I feel the lie of comparison trying to sneak back into my life I throw that song on and have a dance party and shake off the words or thoughts that are trying to infiltrate my mind.  So, start today and SHAKE OFF the comparison trap.  SHAKE OFF the negative thoughts running through your mind. SHAKE IT OFF and start your day with JOY, HAPPINESS and FULFILLMENT on who you are and who you have been called to be.  We are only given such a short time on this earth . . it’s over in a blink . . so don’t waste time.  Embrace each day with JOY!  

Have a blessed day!

Emily 


4 comments:

  1. When I have spare time, I often read your posts.Those are what I want to know.I'm thankful if you can upload more posts later. Thanks for your sharing.

    googy games online
    friv online Games for kids
    y8 2 player games

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was surfing the Internet for information and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject.
    jogo io online
    free online juegos games
    2player kids

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking to reading your next post. friv Games online 2020
    Jogos live
    friv game

    ReplyDelete
  4. "The mobile version of your website is well-optimized. It's important for mobile users." suspension repair Boughton Monchelsea

    ReplyDelete