Friday, October 5, 2018

Fall Skillet Dinner

Fall is in the air . . .well around part of our nation . . I think fall has forgot to stop in the southern part of the US but that's ok.  We still have our homes decorated and fall candle scents burning.   We also have yummy fall meals and desserts cooking and baking our kitchens.  Earlier this week I made this Fall Skillet Dinner recipe.  It was a huge hit and we all had seconds.  It's super easy and you only have to use 1 pan to make this meal.  Give it a try and let me know how you like it!  Also, share with me what's cooking in your kitchen this season.  
Fall Skillet Dinner
Ingredients
1 pound of ground beef
Extra Virgin Olive Oil 
salt and pepper
1½ tablespoons cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 (8 oz) can of tomato sauce
1 (10 oz) can of Rotel tomatoes (or diced tomatoes if you can’t find Rotel)
2 cups of cooked and ready to eat rice (I used brown rice)
1½ cups of frozen or fresh corn
1 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese
Brown up the ground beef in a little EVOO in a large skillet.   Once it's  browned and crumbly, add in a big pinch of both salt and pepper followed by your cumin and garlic powder.  Then, stir in your Worcestershire sauce followed by your chopped bell peppers, onion, tomato sauce and Rotel.  Reduce the heat to medium-low and stir everything together.  Cover and allow to simmer about 10-15 minutes or until veggies soften.  Stir in your cooked rice and corn and simmer for a few more minutes.   Finally,  sprinkle your cheese across the top and give it just a minute to begin to melt. 


4 comments:

  1. Find the great deals on pure sandalwood oil at The Perfumist in USA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s the best time to make some plans for the future and it’s time to be happy. I’ve read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you some interesting things or tips. Maybe you could write next articles referring to this article. I want to read even more things about it!

    online car games at googy
    friv Games to play
    www y8 games

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for another informative site. The place else could I am getting that kind of info written in such an ideal way? I’ve a mission that I’m just now running on, and I have been on the glance out for such info. 2player games for kids
    play free friv Games
    io jogos net

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got some interesting points in this article. I would have never considered any of these if I didn't come across this. Thanks!Jogos online
    friv free Games
    play Games friv 2020

    ReplyDelete