Sunday, December 10, 2017

O'Henry Bars

I'm not sure about you but I save certain recipes to make only during the holidays.  Many years ago during the Christmas season we were at my sisters home and she had made these bars called O'Henry Bars.  I LOVED them and so I began making them every Christmas season too.  They are very easy to make and they are a no bake recipe.  They are always a hit here every year and it's something we look forward to every December as a yummy Christmas treat.  

O'Henry Bars

Ingredients
1 cup Dark Karo Syrup
1 cup white sugar
1 1/3 cups Creamy Peanut Butter
6 cups Special K Cereal
2 cups chocolate chips
2 cups butterscotch chips
parchment or wax paper

Directions
In a large bowl put the Special K Cereal and set aside..  Then in a saucepan put the peanut butter, sugar and Dark Karo Syrup.  Cook over medium heat until all are nicely blended together.  Then bring to a boil and then immediately remove from heat.  Pour mixture into the large bowl with the cereal and mix together.  . . I use a rubber spatula and mix until cereal is covered.  Get a 9 x 13 baking dish and put the mixture into it.  I use a piece of wax paper or parchment paper to push the mixture into the pan and to spread around evening.  Set the pan aside.  
Then take another sauce pan and put in the the chocolate and butterscotch chips.  Melt VERY SLOWLY over low heat.  You need to watch the pan at all times so it doesn't over cook which will make everything grainy.  Keep stirring until the chips melt.  Then spoon melted chips on to the mixture in the 9 x 13.  I use a plastic spatula to spread it around evenly.  I then put it in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour to harden up.  Take out of fridge and then you can keep it out at room temperature.  IT does NOT need to be refrigerated. I like to use a small metal spatula to serve and just an FYI - these are rich so small square pieces are best.  Please let me know if you try it and how you like it.  

Enjoy,  Emily



3 comments:

  1. This is really a good source of information, I will often follow it to know more information and expand my knowledge, I think everyone should know it, thanks

    goggy games
    friv for kids Games
    y8 games 2 player

    ReplyDelete
  2. jogos io 2019
    friv com school
    2player kids
    I can't get enough of your posts. They are exactly what I need. I often read them to get the information. I learn some lessons from the articles. If you can write posts frequently, that will be awesome. Thanks for giving tips and interesting pieces of information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this valuable information to our vision. You have posted a worthy blog keep sharing. Abcya || Y8 ||Friv

    ReplyDelete