Thursday, December 7, 2017

Chicken Tortilla Soup

There is a huge cold front that is crossing our country this week and I know we here in the south are cheering and saying HOORAY!  Even here in Florida we are going to see highs in the 50's and lows in the 30's . . .and that my friend is COLD for us.  When the temps drop I crave warm home cooked meals such as soups, stews and chili.  If you are looking for a very easy recipe that is SO YUMMY I have just the one that I think you will love.  Many years ago I use to blog and I mean I blogged every day faithfully.  My former blog was about having and raising our five children, home schooling, my love of Bare Minerals,  and being in full time ministry.  I also shared my love of cooking and baking.  I shared this recipe years ago and this is the honest truth I still have people contacting me saying they still serve this soup to this day.  I know you are going to LOVE it.  Let me know if you every try it and what you think.

Chick Tortilla Soup

Ingredients
32 ounces of chicken broth
2 cans refried beans
2 cans black beans
2 cups of chicken cubed (I purchase a rotisserie from the grocery)
2 cups of corn
2 cups of salsa (I used medium but feel free to use MILD or HOT)
1 cups of water
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Tortilla Chips

Put everything in to a soup pot or dutch oven EXCEPT the cheese and tortilla chips.  Cook on low-medium for about 10 minutes or until hot.  Remove from heat and stir in the shredded cheese.  When you serve add tortilla chips and even a dollop of sour cream if you want.

Enjoy it!
Emily


SaveSave

2 comments:

  1. Them believes altogether best suited. Every one of lesser areas ended up being built by lots of track record instruction. I like the necessary paperwork a good deal.
    io jogos for kids
    friv 4 school
    play a10games

    ReplyDelete
  2. friv Games online 2019
    free kizi games
    free games for kids
    Thanks for sharing nice information with us. i like your post and all you share with us is uptodate and quite informative, i would like to bookmark the page so i can come here again to read you, as you have done a wonderful job

    ReplyDelete