Sunday, October 10, 2021

We Are A Reflection of God






"We have been created with a soul which means we have been given an eternal nature.
 Therefore, you and I  are a reflection of God our Creator." 

Psalm 19:1 says, “The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.”  God who created Heaven and Earth in the seven days of creation saved the best creation for last - Mankind! His very own reflection.   Genesis 1:27 says, "And God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.”

God created us in His image and made us each uniquely. Psalm 139:14 says, “I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made!"  As a Christian and as one who professes to follow Christ I am called to represent or reflect Him in my actions, my thoughts and my words.  Why?  So that others may see the love, grace, and kindness He has brought into my life.  By reflecting God’s attributes in all I say and do my hope is that others will want to know Him too.  

In the Bible, there are several times where we are encouraged to reflect God. John 8:12 says, “When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, ‘I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.’” We are to reflect God and shine His light to others, as His light is shines onto us. When I said “Yes” to Jesus I was filled with a “spiritual light” that shines so that others can see God’s goodness and grace and love.  

Every day we are faced with stressful situations whether they be with friends and family, or with strangers that we meet as we go about  day to day. It’s in those times that we can either be quick to react negatively, or look at the each incident through God’s eyes with love, understanding, and patience. I read once that it is easy to show God’s goodness when we are in a positive place both mentally and emotionally, but our true image and character are conveyed most in the situations that we cannot control. That’s such a true statement.  When we  walk close to God we can find peace and understanding in each situation.  Each situation helps us to grow in God and all He has to offer us.  

 My hope and prayer is that every time I reach out in love, act in kindness, soften my heart in forgiveness, show a little extra patience, and follow through in faithfulness, that others would experience the character of God through me. 

 May you all have a very blessed day and remember Jesus love you very much!  

 Emily 

No comments:

Post a Comment